Living with a missing tooth or teeth is never as comfortable as presenting the world with a full set of natural looking teeth. At N7 Dental Care in Holloway Road, London N7, we recognise the important role your teeth play in every-day life. Speaking, eating, smiling and how you look effects your wellbeing, happiness and quality of life. The good news is you don’t have to suffer either physically or mentally when it comes to missing teeth. At N7 Dental Care we have dental solutions for anyone with a missing tooth and teeth and today we’d like to take a closer look at the pros and cons of two popular dental treatments, dental implants and dentures.
6 reasons why dental implants offer unmatched benefits
- Dental Implants look & feel exactly like natural teeth. Ceramic implants look exactly like your natural teeth and are indistinguishable from the real thing. They also feel like real teeth but, unlike dentures, there’s no adhesives or soaking them in a glass of water overnight. They’ll also never need a filling or root canal work. treatment.
- The joy of food and eating what you want. For many patients we see at N7 Dental Care in Holloway Road, London N7, this is the single most important benefit to implant treatment. It’s important not to underestimate the simple pleasure of biting into an apple or choosing a steak from a restaurant menu, without any fear of what might happen to your teeth or loose dentures.
- Strong and long lasting. Success rates for dental implants are very high. As long as patients stick to a keep their teeth clean and keep regular dental check-ups there’s no reason why dental implants shouldn’t last a lifetime.
- Dental Implants prevent bone loss & preserve your adjacent teeth. If a tooth is not replaced you’ll also experience loss of bone. This matters because bone strengthens your jaw and gums reducing the chance of fractures and other oral health problems developing. Bone loss and shrinkage can also affect your facial structure. Your dental implant fuses to the jawbone and ensures the bone is preserved and even stimulates re-growth.
- Dental Implants can replace multiple missing teeth. If you have two or more missing teeth it’s really important to close those gaps as quickly as possible to avoid any further mispositioning of teeth and jawbone and to stop any further dental problems developing.
- Value for money. Dental implant treatment is a more expensive option than dentures but when you consider the strength, durability and length of time they last, they actually work out as a lifetime investment few patients ever regret. Work the investment out on a cost-per-year basis and the treatment can be lower than alternative dental treatments. At N7 Dental Care we offer great patient finance options to help you spread the cost of dental treatment.
For more information on dental implants in Holloway Road, London N7, see our FAQS on Dental Implants
6 Reasons why Dentures may be the right option for missing teeth
- Dentures come in a full or partial set. They are popular with patients who are missing sets of teeth rather than one tooth.
- Dentures are removable so you can remove them at any time for any reason. This offers some flexibility and freedom for some patients.
- Some patients have unhealthy or weak jaws that can’t sustain a dental implant. In these cases dentures are the best option to replace missing teeth.
- Removable dentures mean they can be cleaned easily.
- Dentures are custom-made to fit your mouth in the most comfortable way possible.
- Dentures are a less expensive treatment option compared to Dental Implants.
If you have a missing tooth or teeth and would like more information on what dental treatments can solve your dental problem then why not contact us today at N7 Dental Care in Holloway Road, London N7 on 020 7609 1122 or click here if you prefer a free dental implant video consultation